
This is easy and versatile. Add or remove any ingredient you wish--except the sausage and pasta because they're in the title.
Multi-grain Penne (or any other kind of pasta you like)
Red peppers
Apple Chicken Sausage (from Costco--I'm sure another sausage could work)
Girard's Spinach Salad Dressing
Real shredded Parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese
*I've also added peas (because I had some leftovers to use up), and I think it would be good with big pieces of sauteed onions if you eat it warm. (Since we've eaten the leftovers cold I have yet to try with onion.)
I slice and saute both the sausage (which comes already cooked) and peppers in the salad dressing. I also add a little olive oil because the dressing is very thick. Saute until warmed through and until peppers are cooked. Spoon onto cooked pasta (including as much of the dressing/juicy goodness as you would like). Sprinkle cheese--as much as you would like--and mix.
Rather than mix it all together and then serve, I make one bowl at a time. Do whatever works for you! It's a fast and easy one-dish meal! And like I said, it's even yummy cold OR save some of the meat and veggie mixture and make it part of breakfast too!
No comments:
Post a Comment