
Cupcakes:
1 box French Vanilla Cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
Instead of 1 1/4 cups water, I did 1 cup water, and a big dollup of lemon curd.
That's it!
Frosting:
2 sticks butter, softened
4 oz whipped cream cheese
vanilla (I didn't measure, but I like vanilla, so I'm guessing it was a generous splash. Perhaps a Tbsp? Probably more, but that would be safe.)
The better part of a 2 lb bag of powdered sugar. I didn't use the whole bag, just go by the consistancy you want.
The rest of the lemon curd. (It was a fairly small container, and I was adding to taste, and it ended up being the rest of the container.)
Yellow food coloring...so you don't forget it's lemon.
Fill a gallon zip-lock, cut the corner, and pipe it on nice n' thick!
This frosting is absolutely divine, if I do say so myself. Please make it and tell me you agree!
ps serve (or eat) immediately or refridgerate. Not a fan of cold hard cake and frosting, but it would be wise with the cream cheese, etc in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment