
6 cups water + 3 bullion cubes OR 3 cups chicken broth and 3 cups water
6 oz wide egg noodles
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 chopped yellow onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp minced garlic
Heat water and broth. Add veggies and simmer until tender.
Boil chicken with the butter and garlic (or sautee it like I do).
Pull apart chicken into chuncks and add to soup.
Add 2 additional cups of water. (Use water from boiled chicken or include drippings from sauteed chicken :)
Add noodles--al dente. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Add cream of chicken. Stir until heated through.
Pepper to taste.
Note: I like to sautee my onions a little in butter before adding to carrots and celery. I also have been making this lately with thigh meat, and it's very tender and yummy!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment