Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Super (as in good) Sloppy Joes
Historically, I am not a huge fan of sloppy Joes. They either taste too much like ketchup or too much like cream of mushroom soup (every had that kind?). These are pretty great. I love them. Every so often I crave them. I made them tonight for dinner along with baked Parmesan potatoes and cookie ice cream sandwiches by putting a scoop of ice cream between two of my cake box cookies. Super Sloppy Joes 1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef 1/4 cups brown sugar 2 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. McCormick Montreal Seasoning 1 medium onion, chopped (or diced incredibly fine if you are married to someone like Rob) 1 small red bell pepper, copped (same as above) 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 2 cups tomato sauce (two small cans) 2 Tbsp. tomato paste 4 rolls or buns Begin browning the meat. Mix brown sugar and Montreal Seasoning. Add to eat and finish coking. When the meat is browned, add the onion and bell pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and sauce to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat and cook sloppy joe mixture for another 5 minutes. Taste and add whatever you think needs to be added. This is great over Frito's :) slightly adapted from Rachel Ray
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel like all your meals have a full on salad, main course and dessert. Tell me I'm wrong.
Post a Comment